Categories

Sunday, June 8, 2014

An Experience of a Prajna Kid

Om Asmad Gurubho Namaha!
Jai Srimannarayana!

My name is Amruthansh Ramanuja Dasa, a Prajna student residing in Cary, North Carolina. You won’t believe how much Prajna has impacted my life. In Prajna, I was taught to always respect my Acharya and practice everything he preaches. So when he told me to constantly repeat the Dhvya Manthram in my head, you could bet that the Manthram was running through my mind all day every day; even during a tennis match just a few months ago! Without even realizing it, the Manthra kept my serve timing right helping me in making each one of my serves consistent! After this sudden realization, I took the time to notice how much I actually repeat the Manthram and I found out that I repeat that manthram basically all of the time! At first, I had to constantly remind myself to say it, but now it has become as ordinary as breathing to me. As this manthra became vital to my life, so did Prajna. I chant shlokas when I wake up, I repeat Gange: cha instead of singing pop songs in the shower, I pray before every time I eat, I fall asleep after recollecting everything that happened that day with a shloka, the examples are endless! But the most important thing I have learned from Prajna, aside from the fact that you should pray your parents, Acharyas, gurus, and god, is that knowledge without proper action is a waste. Prajna opened multiple doors for me because it made me understand that every bit of information I learn has some use to it, I just have to strive to find that use! With this new concept in mind, I created a computer science club in my school in which my friends and I help out our school by creating websites for faculty and staff, providing tech support when needed, and much more. Another thing Prajna taught me is to pay careful attention to everything around me because I can learn from everything that goes on, even ants! Prajna taught me that the thirst for knowledge can never be quenched, that life is only worthwhile when you live for others, that you can’t succeed unless you pray and put in hard work, that it is imperative to keep your mind, body and soul in good condition and help others do the same, and it is that same Prajna to whom I owe my life to for making me a responsible citizen of this world. Hopefully, everyone will get a chance to join Prajna and go through life changing experiences, just as it has done for me.


Jai Srimannarayana!

No comments:

Post a Comment